The Park Library supports the School of Journalism and Mass Communication's educational, research, and professional mission by teaching journalism and mass communication students, selecting appropriate materials for courses taught in the School, and providing space for quiet study. Read more about our mission.
Our awesome facilities include 11 Macs, a scanner, a Bloomberg terminal, and wireless.
- We prepare course guides to support specific classes taught in the School and offer help in finding material for research projects.
- Our collection includes 10,000 items (including books, DVDs, videos, and more), as well as a variety of databases ("search engines") for researching various topics.
- Check out our subject guides for recommended databases in various topics
- Let the Park Library Staff know how we can help!
- Food and beverages are permitted in the library. Please be neat -- and familiarize yourself with our Library Policies.
- Books circulate for up to 30 days. Please be familiar with the Park Library Loan Policies to avoid fines.
- Read answers to frequently asked questions for more info.
The Park Library was named in honor of Roy H. Park, North Carolina native and founder of Park Communications and moved to its 5,000 square-foot quarters in July 1999.