JOMC 141: Professional Problems and Ethics
- America's News
Over 50 NC newspapers such as The (Raleigh) News & Observer (1990-present), The Charlotte Observer (1985-present), The (Durham) Herald-Sun (1995-present), The Greensboro News & Record (1990-present), and The Winston-Salem Journal (1997-present).
- The Park Library has over 40 North Carolina newspapers in print, including the Charlotte Observer, the Fayetteville Observer-Times, the Henderson Times-News, the Lenoir News Topic, the (Raleigh) News & Observer, and the (Wilmington) Star-News, and the Winston-Salem Journal. We keep issues for several weeks.
National and international newspapers, news transcripts from TV and radio, and company financial reports. 1980s-current.
- Newspaper Source Plus
Over 1,500 US and foreign newspapers, including 50 from North Carolina. News transcripts from TV and radio.
- Income, Expenditures, Poverty, & Wealth
From the 2012 Statistical Abstract. Data through 2009 or 2010; earlier data available online & in the Park Library. Also contains data on Banking, Finance, & Insurance, Health & Nutrition, and Labor Force, Employment, & Earnings.
Data on on topics such as food stamps, oil production, social media use, and much more.
- FactCheck.org Project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center
- PolitiFact Sorting out the truth in politics, from the St. Petersburg Times
- The Fact Checker from the Washington Post
- OpenSecrets.org: Money in Politics from the Center for Responsible Politics
- Project Vote Smart "relevant, unbiased information on over 40,000 candidates and officials"
- Fact Check articles from the Associated Press
- Locally: Fact Check newsobserver.com blogs