Summer Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
See complete calendar
JOMC 443: Latino Media Studies
Top search tips:
- use the * as a wildcard
- email the articles and citations to yourself
- refine your search before you dive into the results
- narrow down by publication date
- Communication & Mass Media Complete (CMMC)
Articles in international communication and mass media. Coverage varies, but some back to early 1900s.
- Academic Search Complete
Scholarly journal articles and popular magazines covering all topics. A great database for beginning searches. 1980s-present.
- Sociological Abstracts
Scholarly journal articles about sociology and other social and behavioral sciences. Includes culture & social structure; economic development; evaluation research; and more. 1963-present.
- Newspaper Source Plus
Over 1,500 regional United States and foreign newspapers, including 50 from North Carolina. News transcripts from TV and radio. 1990s-present.
- Latin American Newsstand
Over 40 Latin-American newspapers and newswires. 1977-prese
- Latijam: Latino Journalism and Media at Carolina
Resources that assist students, scholars, and professionals in portraying Latino communities in all their vitality, complexity and potential. Resources include current news and multimedia; UNC library resources;useful links related to Latino/as and the media; regional directory of Latino media; and many more!
- Encyclopedia of Latino Popular Culture (catalog record; book at Davis & UL)
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Latinos & Latinas in the United States (online book)